The Summer Schools of Slavonic Studies is offering the Czech language courses scholarships for the sparkling students in the Czech Republic. These 2 to 4 weeks courses are designed for foreign students, teachers, translators and interpreters and other experts active in the field of Czech/Slavonic studies. The Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports (MEYS, MŠMT in Czech) are responsible for public administration in education, for developing educational, youth and sports policies and international cooperation in these fields. Czech Republic Government offers a number of general and subject-specific funding schemes. The aim of The grants is to attract the best and most motivated people to the Czech Republic.
The Summer Schools offer language courses at various levels of proficiency, seminars on the Czech literature, culture, and history, free-time activities including theatrical, musical and dance performances, trips etc.
- Application Deadline: Varies
- Course Level: The courses are held during the summer months (July – September), their length ranges from 3 to 4 weeks depending on the course content determined by each Summer School.
- Study Subject: Czech literature, culture and history, leisure activities including theatre, music and dance performances, excursions, sightseeing tours, etc.
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the Czech Republic
- Eligible Countries: Albania, Austria (Aktion), Belgium – Flanders, Belgium – Wallonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Canada (Alberta), Colombia, Croatia, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Mongolia, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Norway, People’s Republic of China, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Ukraine, United Kingdom, USA, and Vietnam.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to apply for this application
- The bursaries are only granted to candidates nominated by the competent authorities of the partner countries or by the competent authorities.
- Applicants from 18 years of age from the following countries and territories can apply for an SSSS scholarship
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- How to Apply: The application form is available here Application form
- The application also includes a CV written in Czech or English and a copy of your identity card (ID card or passport). The institution receiving the application may require the submission of other documents (e.g. a letter of motivation, a language level certificate, etc.).
- The application also includes a statement that the candidate can participate in the entire duration of the SSSS course.
The award includes:
- accommodation and meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner);
- enrollment and tuition;
- trips and excursions;
- some Summer Schools also provide public transport tickets (information available on the website of the relevant Summer School).